At Embry Health, we strive to increase access to healthcare across the state of Arizona. We are a multi-site operation with drive-thru testing sites located throughout Maricopa, Pinal, Cochise, and Mohave Counties. The Field Unit has primarily focused on COVID-19 testing, however, they are expanding to provide a variety of primary care related services including vaccinations, med checks, refills, and other services. Designed to increase access to medical services during the pandemic, especially for those who are unable to go into a traditional clinic setting. Test/clinic sites operate a variety of hours with many being open 24/7. Locations of clinic sites cover diverse locations such as parking lots, long term temporary structures, community college locations.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develops and maintains policies and guidelines; employs policies and procedures, regulatory guidelines, and professional standards to validate current practice requirements and support of overall organizational values and mission
- Maintains professional and technical competency in all aspects of laboratory technology through constantly pursuing knowledge and self-improvement and remaining apprised of current trends, developments and awareness of latest technology and practices to improve outcomes.
- Supervises daily technical operations of laboratory section by monitoring quality and effectiveness of workflow, problem resolution and troubleshooting issues, and/or processes to ensure optimum efficiency and compliance with all regulatory and licensing requirements.
- Assist with interviewing lab technologists and other
- Provide support to other laboratory staff
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Attention to detail and high levels of organization
- Ability to work in a dynamic work environment that adjusts based on community needs
- Ability to prioritize tasks
- Able to be on your feet, sometimes for the full shift
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Work with a sense of urgency.
- Bachelor’s or Master's degree in Chemistry, Biology, Biochemistry, Microbiology, or related field required
- Knowledge of laboratory economics, including budgeting and use of tools for analysis of throughout, productivity, cost-per-test, and in-source vs out-source decisions
- Experience working with a startup company required.
- At least 3 years of Laboratory Management experience required