Embry Health is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. Our leaders seek the truth and welcome big, hairy, audacious questions. We are grounded in our company values, and we make intentional decisions that are both logical and display empathy for our range of users—from patients to employees to customers to stakeholders.
Embry Health is seeking an experienced Chief Operating Officer to join our Executive Leadership team. An ideal candidate will be comfortable working in a fast paced environment at a continually growing company and will have a comprehensive background in operations management. The COO will be responsible for ensuring efficient, patient-focused workflows and procedures are in place and operating effectively whilst maintaining our core values and ensuring priority is always given to the care of our patients.
We’re Excited About You Because…
- You have 10+ years of experience in management consulting, business strategy / analytics, strategy & operations, investment banking, or other analytically intensive roles
- You have proven success working in cross-functional teams to build creative solutions
- You have strong project management, organization, and presentation skills
- You are a problem solver at core, with a strong bias for action
- You are passionate about using analytics to build insights around problems and opportunities
- You like rolling up your sleeves as much as you like the big picture
- You’re comfortable with a fast pace and several moving parts
- You know how to take very broad challenges or opportunities and turn them into actionable projects with clear milestones and goals, with minimal guidance
- You have a bachelor’s degree, MBA or other advanced degree preferred
Do you want to be part of and thrive in a fast-paced, growth-stage, entrepreneurial technology, and healthcare delivery company?
Are you willing to roll up your sleeves and do what needs to be done?
Are you passionate about transforming healthcare through technology innovation, service and quality care delivered to patients?
About Embry Health
- Our Vision: To create a thriving ecosystem that delivers accessible, high-quality, and sustainable healthcare for all.
- Our Location: This role is based in Phoenix, AZ, in the heart of the valley. Located near Downtown Tempe and Downtown Phoenix. HQ on Hilton is our Headquarters and the center of our Arizona Operations. HQ on Hilton is five minutes away from diverse restaurants on Mill. This office also has a break area, snack station, cold brew coffee and food trucks that rotate every day.
- Our Culture: At Embry Health, our employees are committed to making healthcare smarter. Our success is dependent on the diversity, collective spirit, and contributions of our people, clients and partners. We value teamwork and believe that the strength of our team comes from supporting each other and leveraging our specialized skills. If you are looking for a company that will enable you to work outside of your comfort zone to transform the healthcare ecosystem, Embry Health is the place for you.
- Our Perks: Along with health & financial benefits, our Embry Team are offered a variety of perks that promote employee wellbeing such as commuter support, collaborative workspaces and dog-friendly offices - just to name a few.
Embry Health is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity—that’s why we recruit and hire applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression, or any other factor prohibited by law. We’re happy to provide a reasonable accommodation, for those with a disability, to complete any part of the application process. If you are unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, please contact us
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Collaborates with the CEO in the development and expansion of Embry Health’s core vision, policies, and operational goals.
- Works closely with senior management to identify operational deficiencies and develop procedures and systems to improve quality and efficiency of operations.
- Translates strategy into actionable goals for performance and growth helping to implement organization-wide goal setting, performance management, and annual operating planning.
- Oversees company operations and employee productivity, building a highly inclusive culture ensuring team members thrive and organizational outcomes are met.
- Establish and implement development and improvement programs to maximize operational efficiency.
- Adheres to company, federal, state, and local business requirements, enforcing compliance and taking action when necessary.
- Analyze internal operations and identify areas of process enhancement.
- Develop actionable business strategies and plans that ensure alignment with short-term and long-term objectives developed in tandem with the CEO.
- Directly oversee operations and partner with the CEO on sales management to budget for sufficient investment capital to achieve growth targets over the near term.
- Monitor performance with tracking and establish corrective measures as needed, and prepare detailed reports, both current and forecasting.
- Maintain and build trusted relationships with key customers, clients, partners, and stakeholders