IT Technical Project Manager
Embry Health is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. Our leaders seek the truth and welcome big, hairy, audacious questions. We are grounded in our company values, and we make intentional decisions that are both logical and display empathy for our range of users—from patients to employees to customers to stakeholders.
We are seeking a talented Technical Project Manager professional to join our team. If you are excited to be part of a winning team, in a fast growth environment, Embry is a great place to grow your career.
The Technical Project Manager will report to the Head of Information Technology and will be responsible for managing multiple IT projects to business priorities. Overall responsibilities include but not limited to the following:
- Kick start projects from the concept stage by developing problem statements , business case, and solution definitions
- Evaluate solutions and develop consensus for optimal solutions
- Capture the requirements for the projects and document them to company standards
- Establish and implement training processes and strategies for all technical personnel
- Analyze, plan and develop requirements and standards in reference to scheduled projects
- Assign and oversee the daily tasks of technical personnel while ensuring all subordinates are actively working toward established milestones
- Hold regular technical team meetings to determine progress and address any questions or challenges regarding projects
- Determine and define clear deliverables, roles and responsibilities for staff members required for specific projects or initiatives
- Research and evaluate hardware and software technology options and weigh the cost/benefit analysis when making large purchases on behalf of the company
- Enforce IT department policies in the company as needed
- Other duties as assigned
- 5 + years of experience in managing IT projects.
- 10+ Years IT work experience
- Project planning and tracking
- Project management tool experience in Microsoft Project or similar
- Strong understanding of underlying project management processes
- Ability to explain complex IT concepts in simple terms
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Full project lifecycle experience
- Knowledge of Networking, Microsoft, Google, Open Source environments
- Strong Microsoft Office, Sharepoint and Azure Suite Skills
- Good understanding technology and solution architectures
- Experience working with Microsoft Office
- Strong familiarity and experience in testing, configuring, and implementing various mobile solutions
- Some travel may be required for servicing users in other locations.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer science or IT related field.
- Project Management certification or equivalent experience
- 4 years of experience in delivering multiple projects concurrently
- 4 years of experience troubleshooting skills in a multi-user high availability environment
- Project Management certification
- Project delivery track record in a growing organization
- Schedule may fluctuate due to company and community needs.
*THIS IS NOT A REMOTE POSITION
About Embry Health
- Our Vision: To create a thriving ecosystem that delivers accessible, high-quality, and sustainable healthcare for all.
- Our Location: This role is based in Phoenix, AZ, in the heart of the valley. Located near Downtown Tempe and Downtown Phoenix. HQ on Hilton is our Headquarters and the center of our Arizona Operations. HQ on Hilton is five minutes away from diverse restaurants on Mill. This office also has a break area, snack station, cold brew coffee and food trucks that rotate every day.
- Our Culture: At Embry Health, our employees are committed to making healthcare smarter. Our success is dependent on the diversity, collective spirit, and contributions of our people, clients and partners. We value teamwork and believe that the strength of our team comes from supporting each other and leveraging our specialized skills. If you are looking for a company that will enable you to work outside of your comfort zone to transform the healthcare ecosystem, Embry Health is the place for you.
- Our Perks: Along with health & financial benefits, our Embry Team are offered a variety of perks that promote employee wellbeing such as commuter support, collaborative workspaces and dog-friendly offices - just to name a few.
Embry Health is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity—that’s why we recruit and hire applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression, or any other factor prohibited by law. We’re happy to provide a reasonable accommodation, for those with a disability, to complete any part of the application process. If you are unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, please contact us
Subsidiaries of Embry Health: