At Embry Health, we are joined in a common purpose: helping people on their path to better health, through quality care. We are innovating healthcare through new initiatives that make quality care more accessible, easier to use, less expensive, and patient-focused. Working together and organizing around the individual, we are pioneering new approaches to total health that puts the patient first.
The Provider is responsible for administering all services offered at Embry Health test sites, including nasal/throat swabs, vaccinations, and phlebotomies while upholding Embry Health’s commitment to delivering compassionate, affordable healthcare services
- Oversees the entire patient experience from check-in to checkout.
- Collects throat and/or nasal swab specimens from patients for diagnostic testing purposes.
- Administers COVID-19 and other immunizations.
- Performs venous puncture in an outdoor drive thru test site setting.
- Runs in-house rapid antigen tests and posts the results to the patient portal.
- Uses AthenaNET or other software for patient charting and databasing.
- Creates lab orders and prints lab requisitions.
- Prepares specimens for transport to testing labs.
- Schedules follow up appointments for patients if necessary.
- Ensures that test site remains in a clean, safe, and operable manner.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Attention to detail and high level of organization.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time.
- Understanding of EMR and ability to document patient information.
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Certification as a Registered Nurse (RN), EMT, Paramedic, or LPN/LVN required.
- Prior experience in a clinical setting preferred, but not required
- Experience and ability to perform phlebotomies and/or administer vaccines is highly preferred.