At Embry Health, we are joined in a common purpose: helping people on their path to better health, through quality care. We are innovating healthcare through new initiatives that make quality care more accessible, easier to use, less expensive, and patient-focused. Working together and organizing around the individual, we are pioneering new approaches to total health that puts the patient first.
The Embry Health TestNOW Program is expanding access to COVID-19 surge testing at mobile and fixed sites across the country. The Field operations Specialist will be responsible for Vaccine & Testing sites in their designated region. They will be the primary point of contact between Vaccine/Testing sites, Market Manager and or the Regional Lead depending on the region.
- Perform duties as the account manager for a Embry Health partnership (manage all active sites and personnel in the state)
- Manage operations onsite at a Vaccine/Testing Site throughout every initial launch
- Manage Site Manager/Leads & Site Specialists
- Work with the recruiting team and HR to schedule testing and training for new employees Compliance with new employee training so they are “Cleared to Work”
- Track and report key data points to Field Ops Manager at various locations throughout the region
- Troubleshoot multiple issues as they arise & work on finding more efficient solutions
- Conducts training of testing site staff on how to use Embry Health test kits and software
- Conducts customer service training & Proper wear of PPE to new employees
- Ensure other test sites have all test kits and PPE equipment to run operations.
- Manage accountability and inventory of Embry Health test kits to ensure on-time deliveries
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- 1 year + Management experience (Required)
- Must be able to pass a Criminal Background Check
- Must be willing to travel
Preferred Skills & Experience:
- Experience conducting training to at least 10 employees.
- Must have a clean driving record
- Must be open to traveling often (Road warrior)
- Must be able to work in other cities for at least one week at a time as needed
- Must have reliable transportation (mileage rate is provided)
- Not have any work restrictions (This position can be required to work weekends as required)
- Technically proficient with laptop computers, smart phones, Google Drive, and barcode scanners
- Effective communicator, especially in hierarchical government and military-related contexts
- Able to use discretion when dealing with sensitive patient information (HIPAA)
- Is comfortable wearing personal protective equipment and being outside (but within a safe distance of Covid-19 positive people)
- Flexible with shifting plans and taking leadership in new, ambiguous scenarios
At Embry Health, your safety is our priority. Our working environments comply with current CDC recommendations
We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion, and belonging every day. Embry Health / Apollo Healthcare / Embry Women’s Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring, or promotion based on race, ethnicity, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, or protected veteran status or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local law. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists, and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for job opportunities.
Employment under specific business units as needed including but not limited to Embry Health, Embry Women’s Health, and Apollo Healthcare.