Embry Health is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. Our leaders seek the truth and welcome big, hairy, audacious questions. We are grounded in our company values, and we make intentional decisions that are both logical and display empathy for our range of users—from patients to employees to customers to stakeholders.
Embry Health is seeking an experienced Revenue Cycle Manager to build the department to the next level as we continue to grow. In this role, you are responsible for the management and evaluation of billing and collection activities. You will review current processes to see if they need to be enhanced, put metrics in place, improve efficiencies, and remove redundancies. You will have oversight of coding, claims processing, patient financial services, revenue generation, and health information management.
- Approximately 5 years of revenue cycle/billing management experience.
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, healthcare administration, or related field
- Prior experience creating a working plan for their department.
- Experience removing redundancies, improving efficiencies, organizing reports, and putting metrics in place.
- Prior experience across multiple Payor types (Medicaid, Medicare, Commercial, etc.)
- Prior experience working with an EMR system.
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
- Excellent communication skills and Microsoft Products proficiency is essential.
- Strong knowledge of 3rd party billing requirements, reimbursement principles, compliance regulations, standards, and directives regarding governmental/regulatory agencies and payor contracts.
- Utilizes previous experience in the adjudication of bills, and accounts receivable functions. Resolves billing and collections issues.
- Oversees the daily operations of the collections department.
- Develops and implements billing guidelines and policies. Ensures daily billing and collections processes are compliant with regulatory requirements.
- Works collaboratively with the Director of Revenue Cycle to support department initiatives.
- Reviews, updates and maintains fee schedules and procedure codes.
- Assists with the development and implementation of revenue cycle strategies and workflows that will enhance cash collections, expedite account resolution and streamline billing processes.
- Attends workshops, seminars, and/or conferences to keep abreast of standards and best practices within the field. Disseminates information to colleagues and/or staff as appropriate.
- Establishes operational benchmarks, metrics, and productivity standards to streamline workflows and identify improvement opportunities.
- Utilizes financial reports to develop action plans aimed at maintaining or improving financial and/or operational performance.
- Analyzes data to enhance revenue opportunities.
- Develops, implements, and manages quality control and audit procedures to monitor the timeliness and effectiveness of revenue cycle activities.
About Embry Health
- Our Vision: To create a thriving ecosystem that delivers accessible, high-quality, and sustainable healthcare for all.
- Our Location: This role is based in Phoenix, AZ, in the heart of the valley. Located near Downtown Tempe and Downtown Phoenix. HQ on Hilton is our Headquarters and the center of our Arizona Operations. HQ on Hilton is five minutes away from diverse restaurants on Mill. This office also has a break area, snack station, cold brew coffee, and food trucks that rotate every day.
- Our Culture: At Embry Health, our employees are committed to making healthcare smarter. Our success is dependent on the diversity, collective spirit, and contributions of our people, clients, and partners. We value teamwork and believe that the strength of our team comes from supporting each other and leveraging our specialized skills. If you are looking for a company that will enable you to work outside of your comfort zone to transform the healthcare ecosystem, Embry Health is the place for you.
- Our Perks: Along with health & financial benefits, our Embry Team are offered a variety of perks that promote employee wellbeing such as commuter support, collaborative workspaces, and dog-friendly offices - just to name a few.
Embry Health is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity—that’s why we recruit and hire applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression, or any other factor prohibited by law. We’re happy to provide a reasonable accommodation, for those with a disability, to complete any part of the application process. If you are unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, please contact us.