Embry Health is seeking a Vaccine Program Manager to join our team. The Vaccine Program Manager is responsible for coordinating, planning, training, and implementing program activities related to vaccine programs.
The following qualifications are preferred:
- Bachelor's degree in Health Services Administration or related field
- 1 year of experience in a management position
- Experience working with vaccine programs
This position has the following supervisory responsibility:
May occasionally provide direction, training, or guidance to others.
The ideal candidate will also possess the following knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Knowledge of state and federal regulations and reporting requirements for vaccines and vaccine programs such as Vaccines for Children (VFC).
- Proficiency with Electronic Medical Record (EMR) systems.
- Knowledge of medical terminology as related to vaccines.
- Ability to be create and develop instructional learning tools.
- Ability to adapt to a range of learning styles and needs.
- Knowledge of project management processes.
- Strong writing skills that include organized expression of information, professional tone, proper formatting, and audience-appropriate style.
- Ability to maintain trainee engagement and build rapport in a group setting.
- Computer proficient, to include Microsoft Office applications.
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to work independently.
- Strong problem-solving ability in both planned and unplanned situations.
- Excellent customer service, organization, and communication skills with emphasis on responsiveness, building trust, mutual respect and courtesy.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversees the execution of daily operations and management of Embry Health vaccination sites.
- Continually maintains knowledge of and ensures compliance with evolving vaccine program requirements from the Arizona Department of Health Services (ADHS), the Vaccines for Children (VFC) program, and the Arizona State Immunization Information System (ASIIS) online reporting system.
- Continually maintains knowledge of and ensures compliance with proper vaccine management, storage, and handling.
- Complies with Federal, State and local legal requirements by studying existing vaccine legislation, new legislation, and anticipated future legislation.
- Maintains current knowledge of evolving trends related to vaccines.
- Oversees the Covid-19 and Influenza vaccination distribution program and all processes and procedures related to the vaccine clinic(s).
- Ensures procedures are established and implemented for vaccine viability when out of a normal storage container during vaccine clinics.
- Collaborates with Clinical and Operations teams to promote improvement in quality of care related to immunizations.
- Trains and evaluates Embry Health management and clinical staff on adhering to vaccine related requirements.
- Completes unannounced on-site audits at Embry Health sites to validate their physical compliance of vaccine handling in compliance with vaccine requirements.
- Conducts random audits of vaccine logs to ensure correct vaccine (Private vs. VFC) stock was used and ensures accuracy of inventory.
- Audits clinical staff's documentation of vaccine lot numbers comparing the vaccine logs, patient's EMR, and ASIIS.
- Audits electronic downloads of Embry Health data to ensure refrigerator and freezer temperatures are maintained within ADHS requirements.
- Produces audit reports with recommendations for noted deficiencies.
- Provides appropriate follow-up on audit reports to ensure required program changes and processes were properly implemented.
- Collaborates with manager and clinical staff to ensure audit deficiencies are properly addressed and brought into compliance.
- Maintains cooperative relationships among members of the different departments by communicating information, responding to requests, building rapport, and leading or participating in problem-solving activities.
- Provides input for annual operating budget on required vaccine stock.
- Represents Embry Health by promoting programs and contributing to community programs.
- Must be able to create a program and processes from the ground up.