Director of Risk Management
The role of a Risk Manager is to communicate risk policies and processes for an organization. They provide hands-on development of risk models involving market, credit, and operational risk; assure controls are operating effectively; and provide research and analytical support. Risk Managers must have excellent quantitative and analytical skills, along with the ability to apply those skills across a variety of business processes.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Designing and implementing an overall risk management process for the organization, which includes an analysis of the financial impact on the company when risks occur.
- Performing a risk assessment: analyzing current risks and identifying potential risks that are affecting the company.
- Performing a risk evaluation: evaluating the company’s previous handling of risks, and comparing potential risks with criteria set out by the company such as costs and legal requirements.
- Establishing the level of risk the company is willing to take.
- Preparing risk management and insurance budgets.
- Risk reporting tailored to the relevant audience: educating the board of directors about the most significant risks to the business; ensuring business heads understand the risks that might affect their departments; and ensuring individuals understand their own accountability for individual risks.
- Explaining the external risk posed by corporate governance to stakeholders.
- Creating business continuity plans to limit risks.
- Implementing health and safety measures as well as purchasing insurance.
- Conducting policy and compliance audits, which will include liaising with internal and external auditors.
- Maintaining records of insurance policies and claims.
- Building risk awareness amongst staff by providing support and training within the company.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
- Analytical skills and an eye for detail
- Commercial awareness
- Numerical skills
- Planning and organizational skills
- Ability to understand broader business issues
- Communication and presentation skills
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of five years of clinical Risk Management and/or Compliance experience in healthcare.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, healthcare administration, or related field desired.
- Master’s degree preferred.
About Embry Health
- Our Vision: To create a thriving ecosystem that delivers accessible, high-quality, and sustainable healthcare for all.
- Our Location: This role is based in Phoenix, AZ, in the heart of the valley. Located near Downtown Tempe and Downtown Phoenix. HQ on Hilton is our Headquarters and the center of our Arizona Operations. HQ on Hilton is five minutes away from diverse restaurants on Mill. This office also has a break area, snack station, cold brew coffee and food trucks that rotate every day.
- Our Culture: At Embry Health, our employees are committed to making healthcare smarter. Our success is dependent on the diversity, collective spirit, and contributions of our people, clients and partners. We value teamwork and believe that the strength of our team comes from supporting each other and leveraging our specialized skills. If you are looking for a company that will enable you to work outside of your comfort zone to transform the healthcare ecosystem, Embry Health is the place for you.
- Our Perks: Along with health & financial benefits, our Embry Team are offered a variety of perks that promote employee wellbeing such as commuter support, collaborative workspaces and dog-friendly offices - just to name a few.
Embry Health is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity—that’s why we recruit and hire applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression, or any other factor prohibited by law. We’re happy to provide a reasonable accommodation, for those with a disability, to complete any part of the application process. If you are unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, please contact us