At Embry Health, we are joined in a common purpose: helping people on their path to better health, through quality care. We are innovating healthcare through new initiatives that make quality care more accessible, easier to use, less expensive, and patient-focused. Working together and organizing around the individual, we are pioneering new approaches to total health that puts the patient first
The Accounting Manager at Embry Health will be responsible for helping implement our new accounting system, including helping to define reporting routines and processes. This person will also be responsible for applying generally accepted accounting principles to analyze financial information, reconcile financial statements, prepare general ledger and journal entries, and prepare standard accounting and financial statements.
- Completes the implementation of the new accounting system.
- Establish new financial reporting routines.
- Ensures that transactions are recorded to the appropriate entity, department, or account.
- Maintains appropriate documentation of transactions.
- Reconciles general ledger accounts to bank records and other sources.
- Accounts for all equipment, vehicles, and other fixed assets.
- Prepares local tax filings as needed.
- Creates financial reports.
- Analyzes trends in spending and revenue.
- Interacts with external tax accountants and provides information needed to complete income tax filings.
- Assists in creating forecasts and ad hoc reports.
- Any and all duties as assigned.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be well organized with a strong work ethic and attention to detail.
- Strong understanding of GAAP standards
- Familiar with Microsoft Office products
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s in Accounting, Finance, or related field or Master’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field, is required.
- 7 or more years of experience in a similar role.
- Prior experience with accounting system implementation is helpful.
- CPA would be preferred.
About Embry Health
- Our Vision: To create a thriving ecosystem that delivers accessible, high-quality, and sustainable healthcare for all.
- Our Location: This role is based in Phoenix, AZ, in the heart of the valley. Located near Downtown Tempe and Downtown Phoenix. HQ on Hilton is our Headquarters and the center of our Arizona Operations. HQ on Hilton is five minutes away from diverse restaurants on Mill. This office also has a break area, snack station, cold brew coffee and food trucks that rotate every day.
- Our Culture: At Embry Health, our employees are committed to making healthcare smarter. Our success is dependent on the diversity, collective spirit, and contributions of our people, clients and partners. We value teamwork and believe that the strength of our team comes from supporting each other and leveraging our specialized skills. If you are looking for a company that will enable you to work outside of your comfort zone to transform the healthcare ecosystem, Embry Health is the place for you.
- Our Perks: Along with health & financial benefits, our Embry Team are offered a variety of perks that promote employee wellbeing such as commuter support, collaborative workspaces and dog-friendly offices - just to name a few.
Embry Health is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity—that’s why we recruit and hire applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression, or any other factor prohibited by law. We’re happy to provide a reasonable accommodation, for those with a disability, to complete any part of the application process. If you are unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, please contact us
Subsidiaries of Embry Health: