At Embry Health, we are joined in a common purpose: helping people on their path to better health, through quality care. We are innovating healthcare through new initiatives that make quality care more accessible, easier to use, less expensive, and patient-focused. Working together and organizing around the individual, we are pioneering new approaches to total health that puts the patient first
The Senior Accountant at Embry Health will be responsible for helping implement our new accounting system, including helping to define reporting routines and processes. This person will also be responsible for applying generally accepted accounting principles to analyze financial information, reconcile financial statements, prepare general ledger and journal entries, and prepare standard accounting and financial statements.
- Completes the implementation of the new accounting system.
- Establish new financial reporting routines.
- Ensures that transactions are recorded to the appropriate entity, department, or account.
- Maintains appropriate documentation of transactions.
- Reconciles general ledger accounts to bank records and other sources.
- Accounts for all equipment, vehicles, and other fixed assets.
- Prepares local tax filings as needed.
- Creates financial reports.
- Analyzes trends in spending and revenue.
- Interacts with external tax accountants and provides information needed to complete income tax filings.
- Assists in creating forecasts and ad hoc reports.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be well organized with a strong work ethic and attention to detail.
- Strong understanding of GAAP standards
- Familiar with Microsoft Office products
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Accounting, required.
- 5 or more years of experience in a similar role.
- Prior experience with accounting system implementation is helpful.